I have never
liked Halloween, I didn't participate then. I wonder why children who collect
candies are dressed up as monsters, which are not associated
with death at all, in my opinion, but rather with evil, cruelty and ugliness. Why don't children
who collect sweets dress up as candies, lollipops or cotton candy? I think that
would be a much nicer costume. I also imagine children dressed for example as a
watermelon, pear, pineapple or strawberry; in my opinion we would enjoy it more
and have more fun. Such figures would be positive and give us, let’s say, a
good example, instead of frighten, I believe it at least. But it is just a
subjective perspective.
Another
face of last weekend is All Saints’ Day celebration, which I definitely like
more. I don't take part in competitions for the biggest candle or the largest
number of them and I don't pretend to know all relatives (or even not?) I can
meet that day at the cemetery talking to them once a year - if I don’t know
anything about them, I don’t maintain contact by force. I mean, I really appreciate honest behavior and avoid the consumerist side of celebrations. However, I like
visiting the cemetery because of a normal and realistic reflection on death without
skeletons, vampires or orcs that accompanies me there. I like walking around the cemetery at night,
observing millions of lights on the graves and think for a moment more deeply
about whether I really live.




Comments
Post a Comment