Christmas
holidays are approaching. This is coming the time to meet friends and
acquaintances and exchange cordial words, smiles, sometimes tears, simply:
presence.
I’ve always
liked to give my best wishes to my loved ones at this Christmas time. For years
I have been trying very hard to make every wish different, deep, free of haste
and carelessness, containing some individual, distinctive features. I never
make the same wishes, I don't look for poems on the internet, I don't make
patterns. People change, life goes on, which is why wishes change their form
and content every year. They are always different and refer to current
circumstances and events. I think this is one of the most beautiful traditions and the greatest charms of Christmas: look at a man in a slightly different light, in the context of his current history and position. Making wishes forces us to be sensitive to details that change in our life; make us able to look at the same person with different eyes.
The effort is to stare into someone's life, not to judge, comment, ridicule, but to make relationships stronger through individual, intimate wishes. It forces us not to choose an easy pattern saying 'We wish you a Merry Christias', not to treat people in a mass, automatic, thoughtless way, but quite the opposite, treat each person very uniquely and personally. Different wishes teach us deeper respect for others and dedication of our own time, perceptiveness and imagination.
Every year I'm moved when December comes. I have less time, more responsibilities, but I'm happy writing letters to friends who are far away. And I'm happy for loved ones whom I can look straight into the eyes again.
Comments
Post a Comment