There are
no signs that would signal the quarantine will end soon. On the contrary, we all
are preparing that the number of cases will increase dramatically. And after a
whole week (or even longer), even real stay-at-homes lose their patience and begin
to leave the house. More and more people go for walks near their place of
residence. There are also more people in public transport and in the city center.
Some places are already so frequented as if a state of emergency didn’t exist
at all. What happens to our responsibility for ourselves and for others? Have
we reached the breaking point so quickly? Is it possible that one week was
enough to forget how risky, dangerous and dramatic the situation is? Of course,
one has to think rationally and not exaggerate in every situation; but the
topic should not be underestimated neither.
We just
start to get bored, miss spring, movement, faces of friends. We begin to miss
our routine. We even miss work. Personally, I am not an example of a person
with great informatics possibilities and electronic competences. Homework
assignments and video conferences that need to be found on various sites or
platforms that I have never heard about of in my life make me terrified. I feel
confused and defeated. I miss a normal university, normal education, normal
accessibility. I miss the rhythm of the day that I know, I miss the face, voices and everyday functioning without screens. Now, every time I get nervous when I find out about a new task that I didn't notice before because of my poor familiarity with online gadgets. I think going back to college will be a bomb! I can't wait for my old normality!
Comments
Post a Comment