The second
semester has come, reminding me not only the need to learn, but also
determining the resumption of the blog. So here I am.
I spent the
holidays with my family, that is: parents and younger brothers, because when
you live in another city, strengthening mutual bonds is a fundamental issue,
especially for siblings who watch and follow the example. We all went to
Wroclaw with the hope that a slight change of space would help boys notice
things other than computer or TV screens. As usual, I played the role of a
tourist guide. I must admit that the weather was fine and we had a good time.
I don't
think anything special has happened the very last week that would draw my attention
very much. I get to know new teachers, new subjects, I return to regular study and
my (recently clean) room was again covered with a pile of papers, folders,
books…
The kindest
thing that happened to me last week was a spontaneous conversation with my friend
from Spain, Irene. We usually write some short messages from time to time,
summarizing how the things are going. This time we were able to spend a really
good moment talking. We used this wonderful invention, which is videochat. I
was very encouraged – it’s not always easy to keep in touch, especially if it
is a case of friendship at a distance.
A lot of
people give up contact when it becomes difficult, abstract, when you can't hug
someone or shake hands, eat lunch or go on a trip together. When physical
presence ceases to be possible, people give up, they simply don’t want to make an
effort. I constantly admire people who are able to maintain relationships
despite this inconvenience. Perhaps this is how we learn the most about the
other person, about his/her laziness or willingness to put his/her own comfort
aside as the distance between us increases.

Comments
Post a Comment